<VV> Confession... I have lied...

bjornyesterday bjornyesterday at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 11:29:13 EDT 2005

List Members,

Forgive me... I lied in a recent post.  You see, no one was visiting
me with a '67 Monza Sport Sedan from Florida.  We bought the car and
did not tell anyone in our club about it.  Some club members are on
this list... so I made up the story about a visitor.  Worked like a
charm.  When we showed up at our annual picnic on Sunday in the
car... all were impressed.  We have 3 other Corvairs... but none of
them run yet.  You guys on this list helped me with the battery drain
problem, and I am ordering parts to rebuild the alternator.  Other
small problems will also be addressed.

I do have a question.  What about the gizmos that grease the blower
bearing and idler bearing?  Seems like a good investment.  What say
you all?

One more thing... We drove from the San Antonio area to Tampa to pick
up the car... and that was the longest trip I have made in a Corvair.
 Gots lots of "Thumbs up" from fellow drivers... and not one "Finger
Up" during the whole trip.  The car always attracted attention at
rest stops and gas stations.  I averaged about 24 mpg for the trip,
and used regular gas.  The car has a 110 with power glide.  Speedo
does not work, but was able to keep track of miles driven and mph on
my wife's car.

Again let me thank the members on this list who have helped me with
problems... some day, I hope, I will read a question here that I know
the answer to so that I can help someone else.

With kindest regards,
Andy Anderson... With more time than money, more projects than space,
and more dreams than talent... in Kerrville, Texas.

The road to a friend's house is never long.