<VV> 89 No Go at VIR

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 14 17:09:17 EDT 2005

After pulling the engine and changing the clutch pack in the heat and rain
on the sand, and passing static tests, the engine ran. The clutch held
statically. Put the car on the ground, and it would not drive the car nor
when starting in gear, move the car.  I have the Tilton instructions and
measurements, the car ran with the same pressure plate and disks (put new
ones in) and everything seems to be ok, clutch-wise.  Either, the trans
output splines are gone or splines under pinion gear are gone.  Either way,
I am going to break it down and see if I can figure it out.  BTW, a magnet
did not yield any pieces or parts... It  has almost four quarts of new
synthetic in it and I need to re-use it. I didn't take it apart at he track
as it was so dirty; when dry it was windy and dusty and I didn't bring a
spare transaxle.

Which brings me to the question: Who is selling new hardened pinion shafts?
There was a vendor at Lex who had them.

I'll let y'all know what it really was.  I really hope it is not a Bohunk
minute.....But that WOULD add to my lists... and be a lot cheaper to fix!
LOL!

BTW, there were two Ferrari GTOs a SWB, various neat other cars including
the Nickey Vinegaroon Can Am car (pitted next to me).  Very interesting
field. Some very fine old cars.

Chuck S
BBRT