<VV> Binion EFI update

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 21:44:05 EDT 2005

I've spent the last week getting the Milt Binion 140 EFI motor in my '65
Corsa EO 'vert and finally got it happy a few minutes ago.  A fair amount  of
troubleshooting revealed three (three!) broken wires leading to the #6  injector.
For whatever reason, the copper was corroded at the injector connector  and
both were broken off there (hidden under the rubber boot) plus one of  those
same wires was broken about an inch away from the injector connector under  the
harness covering.  To make it even more fun, the schematic that Mr.  Binion
published in the Tech guide and Communique is slightly different than  this
car's wiring.  That's a little odd since this motor is the exact motor  shown in
the Communique pictures, all the way down to the "goof" patch in the  upper
shroud.  I think he photographed this motor (it's highly detailed)  but published
the "latest" schematic rendition.  The hardest part  about working on this
motor is that it's impossible to find a tool if you put it  anywhere near the
all-chrome engine.  Tools just blend in!  I shudder  when I think about working
on the engine outside in bright sunlight.  Now  all that's left with the job
is to button-up the undercar fuel system; it  probably wouldn't do to drag the
electric fuel pump along attached only by wires  and hoses :)
Happy day!
Craig Nicol