<VV> Mysterious Triangle

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 16 02:11:18 EDT 2005

Someone asked a few days ago about what belongs in that triangle formed on a
late convert where the rear seat arm rest bottom (straight line) and door
post windlash (curved line) separate to form an uncovered triangle.

One answer was that a vinyl piece belongs there.  Based on my recent
research, that answer seems to be incorrect.

The correct answer - after checking with 3 Corvair Gurus and inspecting 8 LM
converts (two of which are pristine)- is:  The body metal, painted interior
color, is what shows there.  One of the Gurus consulted is the author of
"Stock Is" and has been referred to on occasion as "lclc".  Another of the
Gurus provided the comment - "remember, these are cheap chevys.  My '66 Cady
has carpet there."

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (times 2)