<VV> RE:body repair - no bondo

Norgehyde at aol.com Norgehyde at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 03:20:32 EDT 2005

I did not think I had to give a massively huge explanation of what I meant by
no Bondo. and the repair shop owner I am dealing with is very careful and
takes pride in his work. I have seen a many examples of his craft from simply
driving by his shop as I do on a daily basis and his work is very good. and yes,
he does use bondo as a skim coat. I did not realize that someone would take
umbrage from the simple statement that I do not want a "plastic" car. I want
holes replaced with metal if there are any  and yes i have seen some of his metal
work on other classic cars he is working on and he does work with lead (or
possibly some amalgam) and he does skim coat when and where needed. some seem to
also have misunderstood my question. i am only talking about body work, not
"full restoration" at the moment. i also gratefully thank Ron Guy as he
answered my question as it was asked and with extreme detail (which I will carry with
me when I have the car looked at). I am not having this done to have a show
car. I want it so that my car does not crack in half (the rockers definitely
need to be replaced) and I can feel better in keeping one more corvair on the
road for many years to come.

E.H.

66 corsa vert