<VV> EM windshield gasket

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Jun 20 11:56:06 EDT 2005

Folks
I spoke with the CEO of Steele Rubber Products this AM regarding the windshield gasket thread we were discussing last week.

Here's the story.

Steele's gasket is the only one out there (to our knowledge) that has the correct tapers, and one of our repros has fit on a car with the trim installed, and the trim fit without problems. This was part of the info I got.

Here's the rest of it.

Steele isn't the only company out there that makes a window gasket for the EM Corvair. There is at least one other. The other company makes them for a bit less money.

Obviously I can't make a statement that singles out one or more of our vendors. We appreciate all the business they do with us.  But I can say with authority that all of the vendors DO NOT buy our gasket. Some vendors appear to use ours exclusively, others don't. That's all I can say.

My advice---order your gasket direct from Steele.
800-544-8665
my extension is 212- I will be happy to take an order from you.

Regards
HANK