Valve Cover Race Rules (was Re: <VV> VALVE COVER RULES)

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Mon Jun 20 16:36:14 EDT 2005

Hi--

There  are no 'hard and fast' rules for the Valve Cover Races. Each event
may tailor the rules to suit their own event. You should check with the
Oregon folks to make sure they are using these rules.

Below are rules which have been used in the past.

--H

At 07:03 PM 6/19/2005, Daves69vair at aol.com wrote:
>I need help, looking for the rules  on how to build a valve cover racer.
>T.I.A.

Valve Cover Race Rules:

1. Gravity powered only, no motors, springs, jet-propelled, etc.

2. 4.5 pounds maximum weight, no minimum.

3. Must have Corvair valve cover used in construction.

4. Maximum length 16" long, 8" width including tires.

5. No part of racer to hang over start gate which is 3" in height.

6. No lane hopping or interference with competition. First infraction rerun,
second infraction disqualification. Which means one rerun for entire event.

To be safe, make your racer with the wheels being the widest part of the
racer.

7. If judges rule a tie, then reruns until a winner is decided. Reruns will
be in opposite lane.

8. Must finish on wheels and in own lane.

9. Races will be run in eight-car heats. First eight signed are first heat,
second eight cars signed second heat, and so on. Then main event will be the
heat winners. If less then 32 cars entered then six-car heats.

Race Track Specifications:

1. Track launch ramp is 24 feet long, starting four feet high. Total length
is 40 feet.

2. It has sides and center divider. Outside rails are one inch high and the
center divider is 3/4" in height.

3. Starting gate area is 16" in length.