<VV> RE: EM windshield gasket

Lonny Clark Lonny.Clark at metro1.com
Mon Jun 20 17:54:27 EDT 2005

I ordered my windshield gasket from Underground, the Steele gasket is
what they sent to me. That is the one I am having problems fitting.
After a closer inspection, it still appears that the trim does not fit
correctly. The corners are molded, and it looks like the rubber is
shaped just like the original. There is a groove in the rubber that the
trim needs to "hook" around. It seems like the rubber is too thick, the
trim does not reach far enough into the rubber for the bend to reach the
groove. I have worn out my fingers trying to get the trim in far enough,
and it just won't go. I like to think that I'm a fairly intelligent man,
but I just can't seem to make this work.

Before anyone asks, I'm pretty sure that the trim has not been modified
in any way. The (broken) windshield that was in the car before I started
was original, the new windshield is NOS.

Lonny Clark