<VV> Vote for Corvair

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Jun 20 21:34:02 EDT 2005

At 02:37 hours 06/20/2005, UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/20/2005 1:21:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>mhicks130 at cox.net writes:
>
> > I don't know what the other car choices are (I haven't gone to the site
> > yet) but if there are any Hemi Cudas they're getting my vote over a V-8
> Corvair
> > abomination!!!!
> >
> > mike (wearing his asbestos underwear for flame protection)

>******
>
>Go to the site!   It's NOT  for factory produced cars.....the owners have to
>have built /designed them....
>
>speaking of Hemi Cudas......talk about afterbirth!    LOL!!    They couldn't
>even stop after a run!..in a straight line!

Do NOT make the assumption  that the Cudas that started life with a /6 and
got a huge engine crammed into them with stock brakes was the same car as
the well laid out E-body 'Cuda with serious brakes.

Even the earlier A body Barracudas were capable of sporting some much
better brakes if you wanted to make them perform... and that includes
stopping as well as going, and tracking around corners as well.

tony..    been there done that