<VV> Re: V8 Corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Jun 21 09:13:00 EDT 2005

You are correct, I've never ridden in a V-8 Corvair.  I would not be opposed to the experience, I've ridden in other V-8 cars and enjoyed myself quite a bit.  I don't see how that has anything to do with my thinking a Corvair with a V-8 in the middle isn't really a Corvair anymore.  Do you think that if I do ride in one I'll be so overwhelmed with the greatness of the car that I'll just have to think that it IS a Corvair after all?  I'm sure I'd love it and think it was a great car but the fact is it would still NOT be a Corvair to me.  Just a fun car that LOOKS like a Corvair.  There's nothing wrong with that, I like hot rods too - I just hesitate to call a car a Corvair without the heart of a Corvair in it.

Look, if you blasphemous hot rod freaks want to put a V-8, a Porshce engine, or a rocket in your Corvair and say it's still a Corvair, that's your business.  To me it won't be.  You guys need to lay off the ethanol - you're starting to go crazy. :)

mike

Obviously Mr. Hicks has never ridden in or driven a V-8 Vair. <VBG>
-Geoff Johnson