<VV> Octane

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 14:14:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/20/05 11:56:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

<< Distributors are a kludge just like carburetors and we are always
 compensating for them. Years ago when I worked for Delco Remy I studied a
 lot of curves and found that it was more of a few basic sets of weights and
 make them work with the engine. Curves were really more like steps and "all
 in early" was common.

Putting in a distributor from a 95 hp std. trans engine will usually solve
the ping problem in 140s. The 140 has a very fast advance curve and the 95 has a
very slow one.

Warren