<VV>Engine overheat warning buzzer ?

Warner Butler warnerbutler at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 21 23:45:51 EDT 2005

New-boy, just joined today.
1965 Corsa Coupe, 4-speed, 140.  Setting the scene:  had to change the
speedometer, so that was a dash remove/replace.  Then in
trouble-shooting a starter problem, found that the ring gear was
shredded in several places, so that was an engine/drive train
remove/replace.  Now . . . .  the problem is a buzzing noise(ref. page
12-10 1965 Corvair Shop Manual) in the center top of the dash(by the
cylinder temp. guage) whenever I connect the negative battery cable.
 The noise is present with ignition on or off and with the engine
running or not!?!  I removed the dash again to check for pinched wires
or no ground, etc.  During re-installation after I hooked up the dash
cable bundle I connected the battery and no buzz!  After installing all
screws, grounding strap, etc. the buzzing is back whenever I connect the
battery.  It appears(?) as though the cylinder temp. needle is
functioning ok - it was about 200 degrees(I didn't let the engine run
long enough for it to rise).
Help!!  Thanks