<VV>EGR

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 07:03:48 EDT 2005

I think EGR valves would be an abomination on a Corvair engine. Also, it
won't help pinging because they are closed at WOT.
Want to stop pinging? Add squish, index the plugs, deflash the heads,
improve the cooling, and make sure everything is set up right.
IMHO... Call me Captain Obvious!! <G>

In a message dated 6/21/2005 10:09:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
UltraMonzaWest at aol.com writes:

>  >Why aren't we adapting Exhaust Gas Recirculators to our Vairs?
>
> (short form) Because NOX is not an issue.
>
> Padgett
**

Maybe  it's not Fed Regs. for our cars......but who's against cleaning up the

air?

PINGING  is what we want to control.....without "hi-tech  help"