<VV> Re: V8 Corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Jun 22 10:10:10 EDT 2005

I don't see how your innability to tell the difference between boys and girls has anything at all to do with my thinking a Corv-8 or any non-Corvair engined Corvair is not a "real" Corvair.  I never ever said that Corv-8's weren't good or cool cars - I only said that I don't feel they are really "Corvairs".  A corvair (to me) is the whole package of body and drivetrain.  There are gray areas where it's been modified (body or engine) and in my mind it's still a Corvair but gutting out the body and sticking a V8 where the passengers used to be is a MAJOR change.  No gray area there and it's NOT a "Corvair" anymore (to me).

Hot rods are great and I love checking them out at shows, but they aren't really represenative of the cars they're based on.  When I'm asked to vote for a Corvair that really isn't a Corvair, I'm less inclined to do so than I would if it was a "real" Corvair.  I'm only slightly more partial to that car than any other V-8.  You like your Corv8's - good, I'm sure I'd like them too.  You're "real" Corvair need them to stick up for it - fine.  My Corvair gets along well with others and doesn't need a big brother to help clean up its messes.

mike

Hmmmmmmmmm.   well, when I was about 11 years old, I used to think that
girls were just soft boys that couldn't throw a baseball from the correct
foot .... I have made attitude adjustments since then ...

......... I like to think of my v8vairs as something that my little daily
streetster 110/4 , after getting sand kicked in it's face, would go home and
bring back ... Big F. Brother ....

*********
regards, ken campbell, iowuh