<VV> RE: <> Re: re; egr's

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 18:30:05 EDT 2005

There are lots on the market (most all of them nowadays, actually), that
aren't diaphragm operated like the old "backpressure valves".  Most use
linear stepper motors, but a few use rotary torque motors.  In general
though, John is right.  They apply EGR for part load (to reduce NOx and
improve mpg) and make it go away at full load so as not to hurt volumetric
efficiency (and thus full load torque).

Jim Burkhard