<VV> brake work, steering, and misc

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Jun 24 14:44:43 EDT 2005

At 05:41 hours 06/24/2005, Frank DuVal wrote:
>You guys with access to rust free cars make us east coasters sick.  We
>have to work with what we have or convince shipping companies to move rust
>free bodies at a decent price.  Send us your rust free bodies,  we would
>love to have them instead of the crusher!
>Frank DuVal

Ladies and gentlemen, this is an excellent point.

You fortunate souls with access to dry climates can harp about how if even
slight rust is evident at all, it's junk.

Try working the hobby on the eastern side of the country just south of the
Manson-Nixon line and then reconsider what the net worth of a Vair with
slight rust actually is.    What you southwestern guys regard as an "iffy"
car, over here would be a dynamite resto project.

The solid straight (perfect floors) '62 ragtop outside in the driveway is a
radical exception to the east coast rule of the metal mites.

So:

Anybody out west know of an easy and inexpensive way to transport some of
those rust-free bodies over here?

tony..