<VV> Why Do Manuals...? My rantings

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Jun 26 00:12:25 EDT 2005

------------------------------
You probably aren't going to like any answer I'm gonna give...so I'm warning
you ahead of time!

John

On the other hand...  The manuals do kind of suck.  I've got the shop manual, the shop manual updates/tech bulletins, the body manual, the assembly manual and a variety of books (How to..., Classic Corvair, ...).  Yet today when I tried to see how the outer door handles are attached, nuthin.  The body manual has an exploded view of the door with the handle shown and labeled as "door handle" but nothing on how they're attached.  Of course, then I just looked up inside there and saw the screws for myself but sheesh, you'd think they'd at least show the screws in the exploded view!  So take it easy on the princess, she has a point.  The manuals aren't as bad as she described but there are "issues" with them.  But we lucky Corvair people have soooo many resources (including VV!!!) it's not really a problem.

mike