<VV> parade test

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 02:38:38 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/25/2005 8:26:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, ronh at owt.com
writes:

so far  so good at road speeds, but parades are a different animal.

> im  thinking about what would be a good pre-parade test, what if i idled it

> in the driveway at home under virulent supervision for the  approximate
> duration of the parade? any other  tips?

Well - I do not suggest this - but a better simulation would be to put it  in
gear. AT an idle, it would have more of a load. But, honestly, Corvairs  cool
better at idle than at speed - unlike most other cars. To cool off a  hot
running Corvair, you just let it idle. (Providing the fan is working!) You
should really try to get the shrouding taken care of, however. The upper sealing
of the Corvair is necessary for better cooling.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette