<VV> Why Do Manuals...? My rantings

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 26 10:16:22 EDT 2005

I ran into a similar problem in tying to trouble shoot my head
temperature sensor (known as manifold temperature gauge in the '65
service manual)  On page 12-10 it states, "The manifold temperature
gauge requires very little servicing other than testing for
malfunctioning, keeping the connections clean and tight and replacing
defective units."  How can you tell if one is defective (my engine is
in pieces under the car)?

Stephen Upham
Corvairium II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110

P.S.  Everyone, with the exception of a major vendor who was incensed
that I would expect to get technical information without paying for it,
everyone on the vv has been golden in helping me to increase my Corvair
mechanical knowledge and abilities.