<VV> Shop Manuals

Phil Brandt f111a at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 26 12:11:55 EDT 2005

Ever since my boy hotrodder days in the mid-Fifties I've been a believer in primarily using factory shop manuals, and I always buy them for any car I own, foreign or domestic. That being said, some of today's factory manuals make it really hard to find the information needed. And, as a retired IBM hardware tech writer, I'm particularly sensitive to good reference material practices. Take my '98 Deville's gigantic, three-volume shop manual. The literally hundreds of pages worth of decision trees, computer codes and electrical diagrams are sometimes tough to figure out, and that's my opinion as a graduate of a USAF electronics school waayyy back! I do recommend the use of the Richard Finch and Doug Roe books as invaluable backup material, and my elderly copies are well thumbed-through by greasy fingers.

Phil Brandt
Austin, TX
CORSA since '71