<VV> Hot in Iowa

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 07:02:56 EDT 2005

Well, we made it to Iowa! Just over 500 miles in 10 hours, all "back roads" very scenic. All thrre of the Kansas Corvair ran great.

We spent yesterday visiting with all the other participants in the Marshalltown time trials. Most of the stories were believable. John Miller loaned Jim Dallas a car to run, a stock 1966 110/pg. It's funny because Jim's a hard core early guy. I plan to get lots of pictures of Jim in that car. I'll try to get a report on the results.

BTW: I pulled the lower shrouds on my engine for this trip since it's hot. The CHTs were 50 degrees less than with the shrouds on. It's so hot, I don't think I'll need the heater.

Ned