<VV>lower shrouds (was Fan HP)

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 10:54:44 EDT 2005

Air cooled engines pretty much run open loop, when it comes to temperature
control, and that includes Corvair engines. Once those damper doors go full
open, there's no more control, and that is usually the case once warmed up.
I also don't believe you can overcool and air cooled engine, especially a
Corvair engine, unless you try VERY hard. And you won't do it using any of the
stock cooling system components.
Corvair engines, even without lower shrouds, warm up plenty fast enough.  The
dampers are to allow the heater to warm up rapidly, not so much for engine
temp control.
And remember, 911s have ZERO temp control. No thermostats, no damper doors,
nothing. And they have no issues with warmup, etc. They also don't tend to
overheat, even the 400+ HP turbo models. And they sure aren't overcooled, even
with those high volume, high pressure cooling fans!

In a message dated 6/27/2005 10:43:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,