<VV> OT Lada

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 08:51:30 EDT 2005

> >"You know a country is in trouble when the best car they can buy is a
> >Fiat!"
> Well, you can buy a Smart Car there but only the diesel.

You're better off with a Fait than a Smart. It recently won the BBC motoring
programme's accolade as the worst-handling car of the year (because they
have engineered so much understeer into it, following the Mercedes A-Class
elk test debacle, that it is truly ghastly to drive).

Plus they only have two seats - and in Britain we don't get a diesel (in
fact until I read this post I didn't know it existed, and I had to check to
make sure!).

If you want a good small car, the Fiat Panda is the one to go for - same
fuel economy as the Smart, but weighs less, has five seats, handles well and
is about a million (no, a zillion) times better looking.

http://www.fiatpanda.it/

Cheers

Alan