<VV> RE: y'all

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Wed Jun 29 09:44:07 EDT 2005

As I remind the list from time to time, I AM a counter of beans (see Jim's
message below), and THAT is one reason why I make much of it when a new car
comes to me with its crankcase full of synthetic. It convinces me, at least
as to THAT CAR, that synthetic IS the best for that car: the beancounters
have been convinced. Who knows? It may have been THEIR (our) idea. After
all, they know better than anyone else (that's their job) what
warranty-repair costs are, versus costs of original manufacture (including
that first charge in the crankcase).
     I mentioned in my previous message on this thread that I use dino oil
in cars that came new with dino oil, but that said, I would sooner switch a
dino car to synthetic than a synthetic-oil car to dino juice. And for other
reasons (heat dissipation/avoidance), I use synthetic in Fireball, my 1966
Corsa well-named in view of the thermal challenges he faces more or less
continuously.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C