<VV> '60 Corvair color code

Steve Oxford seoxford at att.net
Wed Jun 29 12:54:54 EDT 2005

Sorry for this newbiee question, but I cant find any reference for the color 944A, what color is this one?

The plate says this:
STYLE60-07 69 BODY WR 42255
TRIM 886  PAINT 944A
ACC  DC
VIN - 0 07 69 W 158268

Nuno - Paint code 944A is definitely not a normal GM paint code for a '60 Corvair, per the paint code list at <http://www.corvaircorsa.com/pntcpc60.html>, but at the PPG car paint code website (www.ppgcarpaint.com) that code translates to "Sateen Silver Poly".  That same name was assigned 940 for US production cars in 1960.  Hope that makes sense and helps.  The PPG website gives the current PPG paint code, if that's what you need also.

I have a '63 convertible also.  How many Corvairs are running around Portugal?

Steve Oxford/'63 conv