<VV> 67 110/pg AC - Timing

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 14:11:26 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/29/2005 9:28:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
aircooled6 at prodigy.net writes:

I have  been
running the car like a standard 110 at 14 degrees or
so and its OK,  but a bit slow to rev, but at least it
rarely knocks on 93 octane.  I  ran 89 all winter and
it was fine, in fact it was amazing how much  smoother
it idled and ran on the 89 gas.

What I guess Im  really wondering is would it increase
the "drivability" of the car if the  base timing was
set at 24 with the small advance of a 95  style
distributor, which is what I think should be there.

Everett - Which Distributor is in the motor? (ID Number) Stamped on the
distributor -  n any AC car it may be tough to see. Your timing  settings depend
on the actual distributor. I can't see why the 89 octane gas  would cause it to
run smoother than on 93! But, I can't see why the idle  would change
depending on the oil viscosity either  (strange happenings in  Texas!) - Seth