<VV> OOPS power washed PG now leak

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Wed Jun 29 14:31:13 EDT 2005

While working on the rampside last night I had off the transmission access
panel and got rather dirty while working in this area.  I had the Power
washer out and had already cleaned the heater fan housing, so I thought why
not and cleaned some of the crude off the frame and transaxle.  This morning
when I went out to go to work I noticed a puddle under the rampy, didn't
really think much about it, but at lunch time when I got home the puddle was
still there (it is about 97 degrees F today).  So this is not a puddle left
from the power washing, I didn't crawl under to look at the fluid but would
guess that it is probably transmission fluid.  Did I do some damage to the
PG or did removing the 40 years of crude finally allow some fluid to leak
out?  I had noticed before that every once in a while I would get a small
puddle (about 4" diameter) right below the dipstick tube.  Now I have a
puddle of about 3ft!

Keith Hammett
'62 rampside w/110 hp PG