<VV> OOPS power washed PG now leak

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 16:25:12 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/29/05 11:41:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
khammett at stainlessfab.com writes:
Did I do some damage to the
PG or did removing the 40 years of crude finally allow some fluid to leak
out?  I had noticed before that every once in a while I would get a small
puddle (about 4" diameter) right below the dipstick tube.  Now I have a
puddle of about 3ft!
Keith,
First tighten up the nut on the dipstick tube at the pan then clean up the
oil puddle and observe.  You may have just blown some of the crud out the was
helping to seal the tube.  Make sure whet type of oil is leaking out if it
continues.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club