<VV> OT Restoration vs fraud

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 10:52:03 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/30/2005 2:20:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
chaz at properproper.com writes:

Then  there was the guy who built a "brand new" 32 Ford "Deuce" from all NOS
parts.

Was it a new car or an old car ?  Was it "original" or  "repro" ?

Anyone know where that car is today ?

CL
67 Monza  coupe

I believe that to be impossible - Maybe from New replacement parts. The
likelihood of all the original 1932 Ford-manufactured parts being available is
tiny, wouldn't you say? If any big pieces were still sitting around in 1942,
they got recycled and dropped on Germany or Japan.

PS - California now has a category for cars that are built to resemble a
particular car, such as a 32 built up out of new parts. It isn't titled as a
Brand new 2005 car, but not as an original, either. Some fuzzy gray area
inbetween, like Kit car conversions. I wonder how the "new", 1969 Camaro will be
titled? It is a totally new shell, with no GM/Chevy origin parts. Hmmm. . .

- Seth Emerson