<VV>Starter

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Jun 30 12:13:56 EDT 2005

>The starter on my 62 wagon needs in general a good battery to start
>turning, but anytime works fine when engine is cold. Engine hot, then
>no cranking ... the solenoid switch has to be cleaned??

Does it go "click" once but not turn or does nothing happen ? When it
fails, do the lights dim when starter engaged ? If you get the click then
the solenoid is at least trying (click-click-click is a bad battery or
connection). Are a number of different possibilities but hot issues are
often a weak solenoid.

Padgett