<VV> Tachometer

Sebastian Denault corvairguy74 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:13:31 EDT 2005

My '65 corsa was lacking a tachometer when I bought it, for reasons unknown
to the previous owner and me. I'd like to replace this gauge, but was a
little confused by the offerings of Clark's. The catalog lists three
tachometers that would be compatible with my car, one of them an original
rebuilt, the other two are aftermarket items, both the same size and from
the same company. The price for one of the after market units was about 140
dollars, the same as the price of the original rebuilt. However, the third
option was listed as "complete with sending unit" and was only seventy five
dollars. I was thinking of buying this third option, but then I found a
really good deal on a tach that was designed for a foreign car. I was
wondering if this tachometer (for a Volvo) would work with a corvair, and
whether I actually need to buy a sending unit. How can I tell if I have a
sending unit already in my car? Thanks.