Fwd: <VV> rebodied corvairs/

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 14:21:09 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/29/2005 9:38:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RoboMan91324 at aol.com writes:
Mama finally gets fed up waiting for her con man son
to finish the restoration and demands to have the car back.  To cover his
ass, he tells her, "Oops, sorry Ma .... I went to get it and someone stole
it."
Of course, Mama reports the theft and the authorities see the VIN registered
to Bob.
Exactly.  In my case the daughter (an Army Officer) thanked me for her mom
and I got the money back I had spent (nothing for all my time naturally).  Mom
had tried to say I had stolen the car at first, but I didn't budge because I
had the paperwork--including a note from the Chevy dealer allowing me to tow
it--AND I had the car.  In the end everyone (but Junior) was happy.  Mom sure
loved her convertible (red on red with a white top).  But then don't we all love
our Corvairs?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair