<VV> Wiper Lubrication

Silveyyevlis at aol.com Silveyyevlis at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 00:44:39 EST 2005

I have used the following method to silence squeaking wiper hubs.. I  drill a
hole through the pot metal and slightly into the shaft. On my FC's  I tap the
hole for either a one eighth NPT pipe thread or 1/4-28 thread and  insert a
grease fitting and grease with synthetic grease.  It is best to  find  a grease
fitting with the smallest thread and drill and tap for it.  Another way is to
drill a smaller hole and tap it for a no. 8 or 10  thread., use a rubber
tipped grease applicator and then plug the  hole with  a short pan head machine
screw.  It is best to remove all the metal chips  that you can get out. I use my
shop vacuum.  After greasing many of these I  have never had any of them go
bad by using this method.

Tom Silvey