<VV> RE: instant messaging.

flat6vair at insightbb.com flat6vair at insightbb.com
Tue Mar 1 13:04:33 EST 2005

I'm unable to monitor IM 24x7.  email stores them nicely for me to read all the
good topics that are raised.  IM is good for some things, although in my purely
rechnical mind, it is nothing more than eMail that is polled constantly.  May
be a good as a supplement to email.

IM is also a nightmare to many a security administer -- allows a backdoor, of
sorts, to the network.  It's banned in many work places -- not to mention it is
disrupting to one's work.

tim mahler
occasionally wears a data security administrator hat