<VV> Re: That CORSA display & "Corvair Basics"

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue Mar 1 14:32:32 EST 2005

This kiosk has failed because - It's too expensive to ship - I have
moved it for Corsa at least twice (because I was "there" with a truck)
but that is of little use if I'm not going in the right direction for
the next setup.  Part or all (??) of the kiosk is presently in building
#3 here at Corvair Underground. We picked it up at Palm Springs to set
up here in Portland in July. That's fine but where does it go next? If
we haul it my truck it will be to either Bass Lake, CA, Beefalo, NY
(Next year) or Palm Springs again. Are those the places it should be
going?? Somehow I doubt it.

There was even a year or two when no one in Corsa seemed to even know
where the kiosk was.......Ask Ward Bourgondien about his missing canopy
after Carlise.....too long a story to relate here. Bob is right the need
for outside promotion was and is there - and the kiosk may have seemed
to be a good idea at the time. But it is not the only proposal Corsa has
suggested that paid little attention to the much greater requirements of
"aftercare".  I recall once when a board member (and very good  friend
of mine) campaigned very hard for a "mobile museum". What he could not
seem to grasp was that the museum still had to be stored, maintained,
driven etc etc etc.

All the decisions that come out of the Corsa board are not  winners, but
isn't that going to happen anywhere?
If there was no one running in the Western Division I'd certainly run.
After all I've been trying to keep 25,000 Corvair owners happy for 31
years - I'm used to it. Lon

www.corvairunderground.com
PORTLAND IN JULY!!!  www.corsaoregon.com