<VV> voltage regulator

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 20:25:43 EST 2005

Alas, this is a common problem with the 10SI alternators. If everything is in
good shape, and all the parts are correct, and the fanbelt isn't slipping,
you shouldn't have this problem.
Also, make SURE the voltage sense wire, (the red one coming from the plug)
has a good, solid connection to the positive battery wire. And make sure the
ground is OK.
As an additional measure, put a resistor, about 25 ohms and 10 watts, in
parallel with the idiot light. This will more solidly 'start' the alternator.
If only there was a simple way to adapt a CS130 alternator to these
engines... MUCH better low speed output, base model is 85 amps, FAR more efficient,
meaning less torque for the same amps, a MUCH better regulator, lower inertia
rotor, etc... Hmmm....
John

In a message dated 3/1/2005 9:04:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, Bonnzz at aol.com