<VV> Mark's reply RE: 100% CORSA membership

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Mar 3 15:18:17 EST 2005

I think that whether it's the Masons, Elks, Moose, K of C, whatever
shouldn't make any difference. If an organization has a good way of
functioning, it's a good model to look at. You and I are on the same
page, Brother. Though I personally would eliminate any "filing fee," as
a straight "per capita" tax on non-CORSA members would more than make up
for it. Plus, each chapter could know ahead of time just how much each
"non-CORSA member was going to cost them, down to the penny, and charge
accordingly. My thought is that they should just tack the amount on
right up front, so no one has reason to doubt where the money is going.

The only fly in the ointment is getting ALL locals to agree on the
system. That is why I think dues ought to be collected by the national,
like my multimake club does. (See another of my posts - to Bob Marlow -
that just went out.)

-Mark