<VV> No Gas

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Thu Mar 3 16:10:44 EST 2005

New pump?? rebuilt carbs???  You already verified the fuel lines from
the tank are clear.  My suggestions:  (All with ignition disabled by
disconnecting 12V from the coil!!!)  Pump flow test (Please be careful!)
disconnect pump outlet, have a buddy crank engine to pump into graduated
container. No flow?  Suspect pump.  Flow?  Carbs.

JED
Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Trojanek
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:32 PM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: <VV> No Gas

I have just finished rebuilding my engine on my i963 monza, New pistons
valves,rebuilt carbs  fuel pump the whole works. For one reason or
anther I cannot get fuel from my gas tank to the fuel pump. I have
cleaned the gas tank, installed a new fillter. The The fuel lines are
clear and don not have any pin hole leaks. I have installed a new push
rod on the fuel pump, and it is actuated when the engine turns over..
The engine runs as long as  I pour fuel down the carbs, but when it runs
out fuel it stops. Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Joe Trojanek
aztrojan at msn.com