<VV> Market Value

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Thu Mar 3 21:29:12 EST 2005

Good evening all:

Pasted below is a response to an ad I was running.  Since receiving the
material, I have also learned that the current owner is the car's fourth, he
does not know if the car has ever won any shows and he is in poor health.
The digital images reveal a very good looking car, but as I am quickly learning,
digital photos can do more for a Corvair than Hugh Hefner's airbrush did
for Miss June. The car is also 2000 miles away and there are no clubs within
at least 100 miles.

What I am looking for is this:

Assuming that this car is in very good to excellent  condition, how many of my
$$$ should it take for me to see it parked in my driveway. I know that this can
be wildly variable, so providing a price range would be helpful as I figure out
whether I should be planning a trip.

Thanks.

Bill Chellis

1965 Chevy Corvair CORSA Convertible

            Show Car

  a.. 4-Carb, 140 hp engine
  b.. Posi-Traction Rear End
  c.. Telescopic steering wheel (wood)
  d.. Red with white interior
  e.. New top, tires, brakes, spinner (rare) hub caps
  f.. New car cover
  g.. New Tonneau Cover
  h.. Never been in the rain
  i.. Been a show car for the last 20 years and has been restored twice to keep it current
  j.. 48,000+ miles
  k.. Runs and drives excellent
  l.. Many manuals, books, and pictures