<VV> Re:100% Corsa membership

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Mar 4 05:43:02 EST 2005

I for one disagree with the notion of requiring 100% Corsa membership of the
chapters. A lot of the chapters are holding on by a thread as it is, in the
long run they would probably lose chapter membership, if Corsa membership
was mandatory.

The Chapters in and of themselves are a great recruitment tool for Corsa.
Once in a chapter, an individual gets to learn about Corsa by hearing about
conventions and such, and seeing his fellow members going to these events.
It should still be up to the individual. I for one see these sliding scales
of dues for chapters as more detrimental in the long run.

I have been a Chapter member, and Corsa member for a long time. If 100%
membership was made mandatory of the chapters. I would become a proponent of
my chapter leaving corsa..........don't know if it would be successful or
not.

I belong to other car clubs as well. There has been a long standing push for
my local T-Bird club to become an "official" chapter of one of the national
groups. Again requiring 100% membership. The national group that wants us,
is dedicated to ONLY the 55-57 Birds, our members include all years. So it
is not quite the same thing. Still, we would most likely lose over 1/2 our
membership if the 100% rule became mandatory.

I also belong to a MOPAR club, over 200 members, no affiliation with any
parent organization. We pay for our own insurance.

As for the Kiosk, I may have short memory, but this list is the first I ever
heard of it.

Gary Swiatowy