<VV> CORSA and/or local membership

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 08:01:53 EST 2005

I am (and have been) A CORSA member, but not a member of the local club-Dayton Corvair Club.  I guess most of the arguments for being a CORSA member apply to joining the local club.  The reasons usually given, like long distance, don't apply.  During the time I WAS a member, probably 3 or 4 years, I made it to ZERO regular meetings...they're at night when I'm at work.  Did manage to go to the annual picnic, Christmas party,  cruise-in for most of those years I was a member.
    Last Saturday at the Performance Workshop, one fo the guys from the Dayton club talked to me about rejoining... said "We could use more CORSA members".  I told him I'd probably rejoin.  How I would feel if CORSA membership required me to belong to a local club, I'm not sure...as long as I could choose the club I guess it would be OK.  From what I've heard recently, the clubs that require CORSA membership (like Smitty's post) it's apparently working for them.
How many on VV are NEITHER a CORSA member or a member of a local club?  I'd guess very few.
Mike Ioanes
too little sleep & not enough coffee yet