<VV> Flip Side of CORSA Membership

Eric Elliott corsa at mac.com
Fri Mar 4 09:18:35 EST 2005

I am a member of PCA (Porsche Club of America) and BMWCCA (BMW Club of
America).

In PCA, you cannot be a member of the local chapter unless you are a
member of the national chapter. A local chapter is just that, a chapter
of the national club. It makes perfect sense that you must me a member
of the national club to participate in one of their local chapters.

BMWCCA is the same way I think, you can't be in the local club without
being in the national club.

That being said, I am a member of CORSA, but not a member of my local
club. It is out of pure laziness I think (and the fact that my Corsa,
needing restoration, has been stored 150 miles away from me for the
last few years), I don't have time to participate much in the local
activities (same as in PCA and BMWCCA, I can only participate in a
couple activities a year) BUT I feel like I am part of the local
chapter, they make me feel welcome, I get the local newsletter, I know
the other members.

If CORSA automatically enrolled me in my local chapter, I would love
it. Even if I had to pay my dues separately to the local chapter
(again, this is how PCA works, I pay national dues to PCA, local dues
to my local chapter) I would be more willing to do it if I was
automatically enrolled at the start, it would then just become a
renewal.

I think this would greatly benefit the local chapter too. Last I
recall, our local chapter only had a handful of people in it. I would
participate in an event or two if I knew when they were, but not being
a member, I have no clue when they occur. And what if there are others
in this area just like me? Members of CORSA, but not of the local club.
Maybe if they knew about the events, they might attend one or two a
year, and before you know it, the local chapter starts to thrive. (And
the extra dues coming into the local club wouldn't hurt either, they
could maybe have more events then.)

I guess that is a long-winded way of saying "I am all for 100%
local/national membership" whether it is one-way or both ways.

- Eric Elliott
'65 Corsa convertible 180/4
'82 BMW 528e
'87 Porsche 944S