<VV> Re: Local membership,

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Mar 4 11:12:14 EST 2005

Mark and all
FWIW

When I moved to NC from VA in 97, I didn't join CORSA NC for 3 years. It was
a tough period for my family financially, and other ways too. I know I
didn't have the time do dedicate to any local club. And I knew very few
members of CORSA NC anyway.

I considered myself a CORSA member "at large".

CORSA NC has a good way to handle the issue you discussed. When you join
CORSA NC, you have a choice to which club you wish to "affiliate".  That
makes you a de-facto member of that local club, but doesn't require you to
pay dues, or attend a meeting if the closest local club is hours away.

 I am in the middle between Queen City (Charlotte) and Foothills (Hickory)
I used to affiliate with Foothills, now with Queen City.  All this means is
I get the Queen City newsletter.  I don't attend their meetings or functions
as I am usually working. But Dick and Dee Charest put out a fine newsletter,
and it's a pleasure and a resource worth having.

Regards
Hank
Subject: Local membership, was: <VV> CORSA and/or local membership