<VV> Re: your post to VV Digest, Vol 2, 36

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 08:45:14 EST 2005

Hey Chuck,
Many of us feel like you do about the political threads, but hang in there!
This too shall pass, as do all other threads (until someone needs an ego
boost). Be sure you are getting the digest in the digest mode. This will usually
give you about 3-4 messages a day with a nice table of contents at the beginning
of each one. I have been a member just about since the group started, and have
learned that when such a thread starts that I can just delete all the digests
for a few days without even opening them and it will die a natural death.
Whatever you do, don't write a response, because then they "win"! You can also
usually tell if something is up if the number increases to 4-5 per day (all you
have to do is delete, delete, delete). There are about 4-5 members whose ego
is boosted by pretending to be great philosophers and who like seeing
themselves "published." They even set up their own site, but occasionally go off the
wagon. Then there are a couple of folks who think they are stand up comedians.
They apparently enjoy each others "jokes," so we just ignore them, and wait for
the good stuff to filter through. Then there is that last small group that
waits in the background and then come out with an all-knowing "shame on you"
post, thinking they have a direct connection to the Corvair gods, and so their
post will put everything to rest and make it all better (of course if just
starts the thread up again :-). If you ever get a chance to meet the evildoers at a
show or convention, you will find that most are no crazier than the majority
of us (and probably just aren't getting enough....)

The Carbmeister (older and wiser).