<VV> Speaking of re-threading the needle...

Songs by Steve Songsbysteve at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 17:04:38 EST 2005

Hi Groupies,

Well, first my thoughts on repeated topics, relevant info, and your inbox
filling up with dribble.  Just as our radios and TV;s have  tuners AND
on/off buttons, it's very easy to opt out of this list, and never see these
messages again.  Yeah, it took me a while to get used to getting 10 of these
per day, and sometimes I get tired of people talking about the proper
diameter of the head of the screw that mounts the top of the ashtray bracket
under the dash where no one in their friggin' lifetime may venture to look
(except the installer and concourse judge, I suppose), but. if I don't want
to read that thread, I move on.  "Virtually" every time I've had a question,
no less than 3 or 4 members have sent me an individual e-mail with relevant
info I've been able to use.  That alone is worth the dribble.

Now my contribution.  Points versus Ignitor II??  On the one hand, there's
the argument that cars ran just fine with points before E-I was invented, so
why bother?  Just change the points once in a while.  On the other hand, it
would be fun to install, and my Vair might run better, and I'll never change
points again.  So. is a "hotter spark" a good thing?  Will I need a new coil
(Flamethrower, etc.)??  Is there anything else that could affect its
performance (distributor shaft, breaker plate, etc.?)  Pros/cons?

Thanks guys and gals.

Stevie G

St. Petersburg, FL, home of the ever-expanding Ed's Universe of Corvair
Curiosities (He needs room!!)

..and my little '62 convertible.

Songs by Steve

-Personalized Songs