<VV> FC 4 Speed Conversion SUCCESS!

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Mon Mar 7 09:06:31 EST 2005

Charles,

I for one am glad you finally found the problem.  You worked at this so
hard, we would hate to lose a good FC/Corvair guy.  Way to go!

Chuck S
YS73
Used to have FCs-four-one at a time...

-----Original Message-----
From: Greenbrier Goon [mailto:greenbriergoon at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:36 PM
To: corvanatics; corvair list
Subject: <VV> FC 4 Speed Conversion SUCCESS!

Everyone who has been following this mess:
At long last my 4 speed conversion seems to be a success.

It looks like the problem was most likely the pilot bushing.  The input
shaft fit very snug into the old one.  The new one was noticeably looser.
It was easy to spin the input shaft between the palms of my hands.
Charles