<VV> Vendors on the board

Patten Del R Civ AFRL Det 8/PKMA del.patten at kirtland.af.mil
Mon Mar 7 13:02:12 EST 2005

First of all it wasn't a Pentagon Colonel that did it and was
convicted...she was an SES civilian.  And we already have at least one
vendor on the board...and I don't think that this is the first time for him.
I can't think of anytime where he has used his position on the board to
further his sales...and I can't imagine any of the vendors doing that.
Unlike the case in the AF, they aren't the only vote on the board.  Darlene
Drulian wasn't supposed to be the only vote but management let their guard
down and off and on for the last 10 years or so she was in a position where
she was able to make those decisions.  I think they are also looking at
other contracts she might have influenced unfairly. I am very grateful for
anyone who wants to run for and hold office in Corsa...because I don't want
to!!  But for all of you who think they can make a difference, go for
it...if I like your picture and you are running in my district I might even
vote for you!!  Getting the best people we can in the office is very
important to the long term health of the club and I welcome the chance to
vote for people I think can do the job regardless of what their day job is!

  Del Patten...CNM