<VV> Front rebuild: Pull crossmember or not?

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Mon Mar 7 17:26:14 EST 2005

Hi David!

	Can be done, but as others have mentioned, it is more difficult.
I JUST finished mine (Lower control arms and bushings) a week ago.  I
noticed you're in Acton.  There are three Corvair fanatics just down 495
from you in Billerica (me included).  I also happen to still have a
borrowed press and bought Clark's lower control arm spacer tool which
prevents the arm sides from collapsing when you push in the bushing.
You're welcome to them (until I have to give the press back, anyway!)

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Macdonald David
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 3:08 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Front rebuild: Pull crossmember or not?

I'm planning on putting new ball joints (upper and
lower) and new bushings (upper and lower) on my late model.

Looking at the project it seemed to me that I may be better off pulling
out the whole crossmember, doing the work and then reinstalling it.

I'd like some input on the best approach. Is pulling the crossmember a
good idea?

Thanks

David
'65 Canadian Corsa 140