<VV> Towing with 95s

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Tue Mar 8 09:22:05 EST 2005

>Now, folks can preach the virtues of the 110 for as long as they like.

>But in the real world, the 95 still pulls better in the lower rpm range
>than the 110 and that's a seat of the pants fact.   Gentlemen, I've done
>this sort of thing for a few years and I know about GM's hp plots and I
>also know that they're not quite what they're cracked up to
>be.    Aftermarket dyno pulls do NOT show the same data as GM's postings.

Best towing Corvair engine I've ever used in my PG140 hooked to a 4sp manual. All the low end of a 95 (95 cam but with the higher compression
compensating for the torque loss of the larger valves and timing changes) and more top end than a 110. I use my Corsa to tow my Berkeley on an alloy trailer to
car shows...

Bill Elliott