<VV> How to make bucket seats firmer?

David Baker dbaker10 at twcny.rr.com
Tue Mar 8 12:33:04 EST 2005

I have my EM stock buckets seats all stripped down to reupholster
them. Has anyone done anything to the stock bucket seat springs
to make the seats more firm (firmer)? The springs in the seats
are pretty soft, weak, flexible.

I was thinking of adding some stiff wire perpendicular to the
springs to see if that might work.

I heard that the EM bucket seats were the same seats as in the
Impala's of those years. Anyone know if that's true? Can new
springs be bought from Year One or one of the other vendors for
60's GM cars?

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, thanks to everyone who replied to my question about the
cotton batting used in the rear seat.

Dave Baker